Thursday, September 8, 2011

HAMBURGER HINTS AND TIPS

1.  Take one pound of hamburger (I use ground chuck, it is tastier) and work it
      lightly with your hands.  I do that to get rid of the long strands that are
      caused by the grinder.  (I won't tell you what my grandchildren say
      those long strands of hamburger look like.)

2.  Divide into two, three or four portions.  Freeze what you don't use.  Wrap
     well.  I wrap them in plastic wrap then wrap in foil.  You can also fry the
     whole pound and freeze what you don't use and then you can pull out
     what you need for chili, spaghetti, soup etc.

3.  One pound of hamburger can be four patties, two patties and a small
     meatloaf or stroganoff.  It can be one meal or four meals.

4.  Don't let the hamburger sit raw in the refrigerator.  Fry or freeze it.

No comments:

Post a Comment